1998 – Present Private Practice Willows, CA
Criminal Defense Attorney
• In private practice with contracts to provide criminal defense for indigent clients in the criminal justice system in Glenn, Butte and Tehama Counties. I have during this time handled everything from DUI to Homicide cases. I also handled private cases both in the criminal and civil courts.
1995 – 1998 Plumas County District Attorney’s Office Quincy, CA
Assistant District Attorney, County of Plumas
• Responsible for the prosecution for all adult felony cases in the two and one half years I was in that office. I left there to open my own law office where I grew up in Glenn County.
1994 – 1995 Solano County District Attorney’s Office Fairfield, CA
Deputy District Attorney, County of Solano
• Assigned to the juvenile and sexual assault units of the Fairfield Office. I was responsible for reviewing police reports and making charging decisions and taking them to court from arr. to trial and disposition.
1991 – 1994 Glenn County District Attorney’s Office Willows, CA
Deputy District Attorney, County of Glenn
• Assigned to and responsible for the prosecution of misdemeanors and sex crimes in the three years I was with this office. I also handled the Juvenile calendar as well.
1990 – 1991 McNamara Law Firm Walnut Creek, CA
• Insurance Defense firm representing insured clients in various civil actions such as personal injury, product liability and design defects.
1985 – 1990 United States Marine Corps San Diego, CA
Captain, USMC – Judge Advocate
• I attended Naval Justice School and the Army Judge Advocate School legal assistance program. I was soon after commissioned as a Judge Advocate at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego CA. While there, I was assigned to various duties including Trial Counsel, Defense Counsel, Legal Assistance and also as a Series commander. My curriculum also included Marine Corps classes specializing in training and experience in leadership along with personnel and logistics at a six month course in Quantico Virginia called The Basic School for Officers.
2013 – Death Penalty Symposium, University of Santa Clara School of Law
1986 – Naval Justice School - Newport, Rhode Island
1986 – Army JAG School - Charlottesville, Virginia
1985 – The Basic School for Officers - Quantico, Virginia
1984 – (J.D.) McGeorge School of Law, University of Pacific
1981 – B.A. Political Science, University of California, Davis
Certificate of Appreciation
• From the drug and alcohol board of Glenn County for the exemplary work with the juvenile and adult drug courts.
Assistant Boxing Instructor
• With both the Marine Corps and as a community service for the Willows Recreation Department.